Civil/Structural Engineer - Forensics
Our client is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer - Forensics. In this role you will be expected to evaluate the cause of failure, extent of damage, and options for repair in a variety of construction-related circumstances.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate the scope of repair and repair options
- Evaluate the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, fires/explosions, construction/design defects, and accidents.
- Effectively communicate opinions in writing and verbally, and sometimes as courtroom testimony
- Effectively and patiently communicate technical matters to laypersons and attorneys
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- 5 years of civil/structural engineering experience; Forensic experience preferred but not required.
- Licensed Texas Professional Engineer (P.E.), required
- Must be willing and able to perform steep-slope roof inspections, including using rope and harness (training provided)
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently manage your time, and meet deadlines on multiple concurrent projects
- Must be able to quickly adapt to change to meet business needs
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with clients and employees, at all levels of the organization, effectively, persuasively, and tactfully
- Proficiency in other civil engineering branches such as soils, drainage, pavements, and hydraulics is highly desired
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills with attention to detail and high quality of work in a pressured environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Public speaking is a must; effective report writing is critical
- Proven project management, data interpretation, and technical writing skills
- Ability to travel and support project needs both in and out of state
- Demonstrated intermediate-level computer skills
- Must be authorized to work in the US