My client is seeking an Engineering Supervisor - Manufacturing who will oversee, supervise, and lead a team of design engineers and their day-to-day activities to maintain high quality and productive flow. This position is located in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Responsible for day-to-day performance of a group of 5 or more Engineers for design of made-to-order electrical power products.
- Promotes and leads team continuous improvement activities and lean initiatives for both mechanical and electrical teams, as identified through daily management and problem-solving activities.
- Define processes, select materials, and provide analysis in the improvement or application of new or existing products and processes
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material requirements, test results and project activity as required.
- Review and understand design requirements of each sales order, approval, quote requests and RMA. Work closely with application engineer and customer to prepare all information required to allow engineers to process the design.
- Direct electrical engineer to prepare programming and check sheet and commissioning.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Production Planning, QA and AMS.
- Interface with Purchasing and vendors in approval, modification and substitution of component and assembly
- Participates in selection of new employees, provides meaningful input to performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, employee training and development, terminations etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer of Ontario designation or eligible to obtain
- 5+ years’ experience in customized design of products
- 2+ years of experience working with 3D CAD software (Creo preferred) for mechanical design, detailing and drawing and BOM
- 3+ years’ leadership experience, preferably leading a team of engineers and designers
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical-electrical equipment/ power engineering systems fundamentals, with solid knowledge of controls
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Excellent command of the English language
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate the activities within the team comprised of diverse tasks and demanding schedules
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally